Tuesday, February 23, 2010

You Can't Make Spaghetti in a Crockpot...and 9 Other Important Life Lessons

When I was younger and didn't know much, I always figured that eventually all my questions about life would be answered. Imagine my shock now that I'm nearing 41 and have realized that not only have my questions not been answered, but that every day brings new questions. So I'm trying to take my life lessons where I can, and hopefully put them to good use. The last week has been an especially good one for learning things I probably should have known already. So I thought I'd share a few of the should-have-been-obvious ones that nevertheless took me real life experience to learn:
  • You can't make spaghetti in a Crockpot
  • If you put a vase of tulips on the kitchen table, your cats will believe it is their own personal salad bowl
  • You can't get rid of cobwebs on a 20ft cathedral ceiling by throwing barbie dolls wrapped in hand towels at them
  • Plants don't water themselves
  • In FaceBook world, time passes at approximately double what it does in the real world (as in, "Oh crap! I've been on FaceBook for an hour??!")
  • Every mother has, at one time or another, eaten the cold, greasy, leftover crusts of her child's grilled cheese sandwich
  • It you expect a kid to be a pain in the butt, he will be
  • There is no magic to make the heartache go away
  • Sometimes the best thing to do is just sit with your friend while she cries her heart out
  • The more I know, the less I understand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog